For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, MLG Associates is the company who is responsible for, and controls the processing of, your personal data (i.e. the data controller)
Information collected by MLG Associates
We collect the following types of information about you when you use the Website:
1. Information provided by you, such as your name, email address, address and postcode is collected when you register for the Website.
2. Information collected automatically, such as information which is transmitted from your computer when you browse the Internet and use the Website. This information includes information from cookies, your IP address and browser type as these can be used to provide useful features for users.
Use of your information
We gather this information to allow us to process your registration, provide you with the Services and [specify any other uses of the information if any]. The relevant information is then used by us, to communicate with you on any matter relating to the conduct of your account and the provision of the services in general.
We may use the information collected automatically, such as your IP address and information obtained using cookies, to gather statistics about the number of people who visit the Website and to customise the Website content, layout and services. We may share this information with third parties to help us improve the Website.
We do not disclose your personal information to any third party without your consent except to those employees and people that we engage to assist us in providing our services to you but they will only use your information to the extent that is necessary to provide their services to us. We will disclose your information if we reasonably believe we are required to do so by law, regulation or other government authority or to protect our rights and property, or those of our affiliates or the public. We may also disclose your information in co-operating with law enforcement agencies in official investigations.
We reserve the right to transfer your personal information in the event of a transfer of ownership of the Website, such as acquisition by or merger with another company.
Links to Other Sites
This privacy statement applies only to information collected by this Website. This Website contains links to other sites that are not owned or controlled by us. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites and we encourage you to read the privacy statements of those sites before providing any personal information.
Security and confidentiality
We have the following technical and organisational measures in place to minimise the risk of any loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control.
1. Access to your account is controlled by password and username which are unique to you. Please keep your account password confidential. The security of your information depends on your protection of your password. If you do not do so, you accept that there may be circumstances in which your information may be accessed by unauthorised persons.
2. We store your personal data on secure servers.
3. We also limit access to your personal information only to employees and third parties who we believe need to come into contact with that information in order to do their jobs in connection with the Website.
Whilst we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data which are transferred from you or to you via the internet.
You may cancel your membership at any time. If you no longer wish to be registered with the Website please email us on email@example.com.
If you become aware of any breach of data security or have any other questions about this policy, please contact us by emailing us on firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also contact us on email@example.com if you would like us to amend, remove or delete any personal information held about you for any reason.